The Onkyo TX-NR555
This Product is no longer imported into South Africa, you can view the replacement TX-NR575E here.
R9 990.00 inc VAT, excludes installation and configuration.
7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Thrilling Entertainment in the Living Room and Beyond
Get tomorrow’s features today with original Dynamic Audio Amplification in the value-packed TX-NR555 Network A/V Receiver. This smart hub supports Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™* enhanced with AccuReflex phase-calibration technology for crystal-clear object-based sound, and also includes the latest HDMI® spec for 6G video. Stream from app to cinema via Chromecast built-in*, Wi-Fi®, or AirPlay and let the 32-bit DAC work its magic on everything from MP3s to 192/24 Hi-Res Audio. You can send music from Bluetooth, USB or network sources like Spotify and Airplay from the receiver to an Onkyo speaker in another room, complete with smartphone control, via FireConnect™ technology* **. But most importantly, big movie sound is amazing thanks to discrete high-current amps that drive speakers effortlessly. So sit back and enjoy the best next-generation entertainment has to offer.
* Firmware update / ** optional Onkyo wireless speaker required
- DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 Channels
- 130 W per Channel (IEC)
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Chromecast built-in and AirPlay
- HDMI® 6 In / 1 Out (4K/60 Hz / HDCP 2.2 / HDR)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification for Realistic Sound
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Technology
- Bluetooth Audio / Wi-Fi® with Spotify, Tidal, and AirPlay
- 384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable HDMI® Terminals for UltraHD Entertainment
- Built-in Wi-Fi® Certified Wireless LAN Capability
- Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR Capability (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer DSP Technology
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming Subscription Services Included (TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, Tidal and Deezer)*1
- AirPlay Compatible
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz)
- Digital and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via FireConnect™ Technology (Firmware update required)
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Advanced Music Optimizer to Improve Compressed Digital Audio Quality (Bluetooth Audio Included)
- Control and Stream with Free Onkyo Remote Streaming Apps for iPod touch/iPhone*2 and Android™ Devices*3
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line Out for Distributed Analog/Digital Audio Playback in Another Room
- 130 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC);
- 160 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification for a Thrilling Audio Experience
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- High Current Amp Design to Effectively Drive the Speakers
- Non-Phase Shift Amp Circuits for Realistic Imaging
- VLSC™ for a Clear Audio Experience
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- Optimum Gain Volume Control
- DTS: X™ and Dolby Atmos® Decoding
- HDMI® Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- Advanced 32-bit DSP Chip
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- 6 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
- USB 2.0 Port
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- 2 Component Video Inputs (Rear)
- 2 Composite Video Inputs (Rear)
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 8 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front*/7 Rear)
- Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Headphone Jack
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough to Reduce Power Consumption
- Quick Configuration Rear Panel
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Simple Remote Control
Discover the best in object-based surround-sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™. Free from the traditional channel-based audio bed, sound flows above and around you in three dimensions for a movie and gaming experience that will take your breath away.
* Firmware update required
Wireless Audio Playback with Chromecast built-in* and AirPlay
TX-NR555, now with Chromecast built-in* and AirPlay, frees your music from your smartphone. You can stream your music stored in your phone or using Chromecast built-in / AirPlay Compatible apps.
* Chromecast built-in enabled via future firmware update. Please consult the Onkyo website for firmware update scheduling information.
Bluetooth Audio / Wi-Fi® with Spotify and Tidal*
In addition to Google Cast™ and AirPlay, stream virtually any audio from your smartphone, tablet, or PC to your home cinema for clear and powerful sound. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Pandora, Spotify and more.
* Support for some services including TIDAL and Deezer will be enabled via future firmware update. Please consult the Onkyo website for scheduling information as it becomes available.
FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio
A firmware update will enable you to wirelessly send music from Bluetooth, USB or network sources like Spotify and Airplay from the TX-NR555 to an optional speaker* placed anywhere in your home using FireConnect Powered by Blackfire. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
* FireConnect™ is a technology developed by Blackfire Research. Multi-room audio enabled by this technology requires an optional Onkyo wireless speaker scheduled for release in summer 2016. Onkyo cannot guarantee the compatibility of its A/V receivers with other devices featuring FireConnect™. Please consult the Onkyo website for further announcements regarding these technologies.
HDMI® 6 In / 1 Out (HDCP 2.2 / HDR)
Select HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz, as well as HDCP 2.2 and HDR for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting.
Dynamic Audio Amplification for Clear and Realistic Sound
Power your speakers like never before with Onkyo’s Dynamic Audio Amplification. Sound comes alive thanks to accurate, noise-free signal processing and hi-current power that dynamically controls your speakers for precise, authentic audio reproduction.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from AKM unlocks the full potential of any audio format with unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound.
AccuEQ Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring “height” speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
The T's and the C's.
Product information is supplied in good faith.
Products and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
E&OE, errors and ommissions excepted.
What do all the advanced Audio/Video features of the TX-NR555 mean?
Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC)
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. Previously only found on Onkyo’s high-end components, VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analogue vectors in real-time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result - a virtually noiseless, smooth analogue signal based on the digital source.
Wireless Audio from your iOS device
AirPlay lets you stream audio from your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad directly to your main system. Experience your hand-held music collection with unrivalled Onkyo power and fidelity.
Stream computer-based audio wirelessly
With AirPlay, you can also stream every song and playlist from the iTunes library on your Mac or Windows PC to your compatible Onkyo system. iTunes and Onkyo—convergence without cables.
Remote App for computer-based audio
Using Apple’s free Remote app, you can turn your iOS device into a handy remote controller for your computer-based iTunes library. Browse to find your favorite tracks, even if you’re in a different room from your PC and hi-fi system.
Made for iPod iPhone iPad
The “Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad logo means the Onkyo product was designed specifically to interface with these Apple devices. This compatibility allows the user to control playback using the Onkyo system remote controller while their iPod, iPhone, or iPad is recharged. Users can also enjoy superior sound quality, as signals are transported in digital form—rather than analog—via the direct-digital connection on selected models
Bluetooth is a wireless transmission standard that uses short wave radio signals to connect mobile devices to computers and other compatible electronics.
AccuEQ calibration technology reveals the true potential of your speakers by eliminating standing waves from your listening space. These acoustic peaks distort the audio image and prevent your loudspeakers from voicing the sound as their designers intended. AccuEQ lets you experience the whole sonic picture without changing your speaker system’s unique personality.
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across connections.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, and sports, in addition to music, podcasts, and audiobooks, to an audience of over 60 million monthly active users worldwide. The company is based in San Francisco, California.
is an internationally-recognized seal of approval for products indicating that they have met industry-agreed standards for interoperability, security, and a range of application specific protocols.
is an Internet-based music streaming service. It allows users to listen to music content from record labels including EMI, Sony, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group on various devices online or offline.
is the name of a surround sound technology announced by Dolby Laboratories in April 2012 and released in June that year, first utilized in Disney and Pixar's animated film Brave.
also known as High-definition audio or HD audio, is a marketing term used by some recorded-music retailers and high-fidelity sound reproduction equipment vendors. It refers to higher than 44.1 kHz sample rate and/or higher than 16-bit linear bit depth..
384 kHz/32-bit DACs enable the best possible reproduction of standard and high-definition audio formats.
A digital music service that enables users to remotely source millions of songs- or various 'record labels' from a laptop smartphone or other devices.
A receiver with built-in decoding for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or both. Atmos calls for at least one pair of “height” speakers. These can be ceiling speakers or upward-firing Atmos-enabled speakers. DTS:X works with a regular surround sound speaker system.
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. The devices, designed as small dongles, enable users with a mobile device or personal computer to initiate and control playback of Internet-streamed audio/visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system through mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology. Alternatively, content can be mirrored from the Google Chrome web browser running on a personal computer, as well as from the screen of some Android devices.
Tidal (stylized as TIDAL)
is a subscription-based music streaming service that combines lossless audio and high-definition music videos with exclusive content and special features on music.
is an open-ended streaming technology developed by BlackFire Research. The aim is to provide an inexpensive solution to multi room streaming, easily implementable by manufacturers. Through the FireConnect app, it's possible to control compatible devices regardless of brand or model.