The Onkyo TX-RZ710
This Product is no longer imported into South Africa, you can view the replacement TX-RZ720 here.
R19 990.00 inc VAT, excludes installation and configuration.
7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Add THX® Reference Sound to Your Widescreen Experience
Just bought a big 4K TV? Here’s big sound to go with it. THX® Certified for Cinema Reference Volume, the TX-RZ710 has a premium RZ build with non-phase-shift amps, huge capacitors, and high-output transformer that pull every drop of emotion from object-based soundtracks, which are precisely phase-aligned with new AccuReflex calibration technology. Music blooms with vibrant energy thanks to high-current amplification, whether it’s fed from Spotify via Chromecast built-in or AirPlay or from a vinyl record on your turntable. FireConnect™ streams any of these sources from the receiver to a wireless speaker in another room* **, while Zone 2 HDMI® sends video to a second TV. Gathering your media and giving easy access across the home, the TX-RZ710 will make daily entertainment an event to look forward to.
* Firmware update / ** optional Onkyo wireless speaker required
- Custom RZ Grade Amplification System with Upgraded Parts
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 Channels
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Wireless Technology (Firmware update required)
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
- HDMI® 8 In with Zone 1 and Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2 / HDR*1)
- Phono Input and Hi-Res Audio Playback
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Sound Decoding
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI® Terminals with HDCP 2.2 and HDR for Next-Generation UltraHD and Full HD Video Content*1
- Zone 2 HDMI Output for 4K/60 Hz Video in Another Room
- Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1 (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer DSP Technology
- Internet Audio Streaming Services including TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL and Deezer*2
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and Dolby® TrueHD) with Selectable Advanced Music Optimizer
- Wireless Digital and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via FireConnect™ Technology
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Control and Stream with Free Onkyo Remote Streaming Apps for
- iPod touch/iPhone*3 and Android™ Devices*4
- Powered Zone 2/Zone 2 Pre/Line Out for Distributed Analog/Digital
- Audio Playback in Another Room
- Bi-Amping Capability for Front Channels
- 175 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 185 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Discrete RZ Grade Non-Phase-Shifting Amplifier Circuits for Accurate Audio Imaging with Ultra-Low 5 Hz Frequency Performance
- Customized Audio-Grade Capacitors and Massive High Power Transformer for High Current Delivery and Precise Speaker Driver Control
- VLSC™ D/A Conversion Enhancement Delivers Supreme Clarity
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/ 7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- USB 2.0 Port with Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback
- 2 Component Inputs and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 8 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front*/7 Rear)
- Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Location-Numbered Speaker Terminals
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel
- (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Simple Remote Control
What is the RZ Series?
Our premium RZ Series audio-video receivers deliver a significant boost to the dynamism, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a listening experience that packs stunning emotional impact. Upgraded components, such as the massive transformer and custom capacitors, provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz. Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting, clearly focusing the audio image and cutting distortion even at floor-shaking volumes. It’s a serious build if you’re serious about sound.
Dynamic Audio Amplification for Thrilling Sound
Dynamic Audio Amplification lets music live and breathe thanks to accurate, noise-free signal processing and hi-current power that dynamically controls your speakers, producing rich and authentic sound that fills you with emotion.
THX®-Certified for Cinema Reference Sound
THX® certification guarantees the same high volume and low distortion levels you experience in a commercial cinema in your listening room. THX® Select2™ Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances of 3–4 m. To achieve THX® certification, amplifiers must undergo a barrage of the industry’s toughest independent bench testing to satisfy THX® requirements.
Experience DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos®
Make object-based Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ surround-sound reality in your living room. Sound flows naturally above and around in three dimensions, with discrete effects—such as birdcalls, rain, or the sound of a helicopter—originating from overhead. In fact, every element in an “object-based” soundtrack is mixed separately, so it’s free to travel from speaker to speaker with lifelike realism.
* Firmware update required
FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio
A firmware update enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect™ to an optional speaker* placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
* Unavailable at press time. Release date TBA. Firmware update required
FireConnect™ by Blackfire Research Corp. is a stable wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—.
Go Wireless with Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
Chromecast built-in and AirPlay free your music from your smartphone. You can stream audio from compatible applications to your home cinema, or stream virtually any mobile or PC audio via Bluetooth technology. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Pandora, Spotify, and more.
Note: Support for some features including Chromecast built-in, TIDAL and Deezer will be enabled via future firmware update. Please consult the Onkyo website for scheduling information as it becomes available. Chromecast built-in not supported on Chinese models.
Latest Spec HDMI® with Zone 2 Video
Select HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz video, HDCP 2.2 copy protection, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting. A 6G- and HDCP 2.2/HDR-compatible Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to enjoy AV sources connected to the receiver in another room.
Powered Zone 2 for Audio in a Second Room
If you choose, Powered Zone 2 capability can bring audio to speakers in a second room connected to the receiver. Now with a dedicated Zone 2 DAC, you can share Digital Audio input sources such as Spotify or Internet podcasts.
AccuEQ Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring height speakers with sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
The T's and the C's.
Product information is supplied in good faith.
Products and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
E&OE, errors and ommissions excepted.
What do all the advanced Audio/Video features of the TX-ZR710 mean?
Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC)
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. Previously only found on Onkyo’s high-end components, VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analogue vectors in real-time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result - a virtually noiseless, smooth analogue signal based on the digital source.
Wireless Audio from your iOS device
AirPlay lets you stream audio from your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad directly to your main system. Experience your hand-held music collection with unrivalled Onkyo power and fidelity.
Stream computer-based audio wirelessly
With AirPlay, you can also stream every song and playlist from the iTunes library on your Mac or Windows PC to your compatible Onkyo system. iTunes and Onkyo—convergence without cables.
Remote App for computer-based audio
Using Apple’s free Remote app, you can turn your iOS device into a handy remote controller for your computer-based iTunes library. Browse to find your favorite tracks, even if you’re in a different room from your PC and hi-fi system.
Made for iPod iPhone iPad
The “Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad logo means the Onkyo product was designed specifically to interface with these Apple devices. This compatibility allows the user to control playback using the Onkyo system remote controller while their iPod, iPhone, or iPad is recharged. Users can also enjoy superior sound quality, as signals are transported in digital form—rather than analog—via the direct-digital connection on selected models
Bluetooth is a wireless transmission standard that uses short wave radio signals to connect mobile devices to computers and other compatible electronics.
AccuEQ calibration technology reveals the true potential of your speakers by eliminating standing waves from your listening space. These acoustic peaks distort the audio image and prevent your loudspeakers from voicing the sound as their designers intended. AccuEQ lets you experience the whole sonic picture without changing your speaker system’s unique personality.
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across connections.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, and sports, in addition to music, podcasts, and audiobooks, to an audience of over 60 million monthly active users worldwide. The company is based in San Francisco, California.
is an internationally-recognized seal of approval for products indicating that they have met industry-agreed standards for interoperability, security, and a range of application specific protocols.
is an Internet-based music streaming service. It allows users to listen to music content from record labels including EMI, Sony, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group on various devices online or offline.
is the name of a surround sound technology announced by Dolby Laboratories in April 2012 and released in June that year, first utilized in Disney and Pixar's animated film Brave.
also known as High-definition audio or HD audio, is a marketing term used by some recorded-music retailers and high-fidelity sound reproduction equipment vendors. It refers to higher than 44.1 kHz sample rate and/or higher than 16-bit linear bit depth..
384 kHz/32-bit DACs enable the best possible reproduction of standard and high-definition audio formats.
A digital music service that enables users to remotely source millions of songs- or various 'record labels' from a laptop smartphone or other devices.
A receiver with built-in decoding for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or both. Atmos calls for at least one pair of “height” speakers. These can be ceiling speakers or upward-firing Atmos-enabled speakers. DTS:X works with a regular surround sound speaker system.
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. The devices, designed as small dongles, enable users with a mobile device or personal computer to initiate and control playback of Internet-streamed audio/visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system through mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology. Alternatively, content can be mirrored from the Google Chrome web browser running on a personal computer, as well as from the screen of some Android devices.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
Audio signals are not static like a test tone, but rather a countless collection of constantly moving waves. While static measurements such as S/N ratio and Total Harmonic Distortion are important, Onkyo believes that excellent dynamic and transient response is the key to emotionally involving sound. Dynamism—the “life” in music—is achieved when the amp can respond to changes in the signal instantaneously, so notes start and stop naturally and the nuances in attack, decay, sustain, and release are voiced with conviction.
Tidal (stylized as TIDAL)
is a subscription-based music streaming service that combines lossless audio and high-definition music videos with exclusive content and special features on music.
is an open-ended streaming technology developed by BlackFire Research. The aim is to provide an inexpensive solution to multi room streaming, easily implementable by manufacturers. Through the FireConnect app, it's possible to control compatible devices regardless of brand or model.
THX Select2 Plus
THX Select2 Plus components are ideally suited for a room where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is approximately 3 to 4 meters, and the room size is approximately 56 cubic meters. THX Loudness Plus is included in the specification.